Why do I link?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Am I ever going to overcome this writer's block?

Hello,

It's 9:58am and I've wanted to write a blog entry for about 30 minutes. I have come to the conclusion that I am most likely experiencing writer's block. Writer's block only seems to happen for me when I come to my blog, but it doesn't happen every time. Maybe I'm hungry. That's it. I will eat and then try again...No...I am just procrastinating now. Okay, time to seek advice from my friend who is an author, Matthew Ashdown. I will tweet him now. 


Okay, here is Matthew's response in tweet form, "Julia Camerons 'Morning Pages'. Stream of consciousness, whatever wants 2 come up, frustration, gratitude, insights, no editing." Thank you, Matthew. I think what I need to do is free-write. 



I suppose part of what keeps me from feeling 100% comfortable about writing online is that I am using my real name as my URL, and there's a picture of myself on my profile. This is a little frightening to me only because there is this fear instilled at school and in the news which states that whatever you put on the internet is there forever: beware! I am not naive of this fact. The internet is everlasting in a sense...But so am I, so what`s holding me back? I suppose it's only myself holding me back- it usually is.


Moving forward through life is interesting. I like that I keep learning, and even though a part of me wants to be further and farther ahead in my life than I am right now, I am enjoying the process, and I realize how important the process is. I had a hard time understanding this before: understanding that the process is actually more important than the outcome. My adoring husband has been the most influential in helping me to gain this understanding. He seems so capable of experiencing Right Now, and it inspires me to do the same. Thank you KV3.


While I'm writing this, I am listening to Abraham Hicks. I like how she lovingly SHOUTS at people. It sounds sort of hokey to some people, but her shouting at me helps me to realize how important the now is.


And, I think that's a blog post! Yay! Writer's block is officially over :) Thanks for being patient with me throughout the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)