Why do I link?

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Celebrating our Anniversary with Little Time

Today is our y 4-year wedding anniversary. It's a Thursday, and neither of us had much sleep last night. Thankfully my husband has the day off work, so we're having some time together.

We decided yesterday that I would bring our son to preschool and my husband and I would have approximately 75 minutes together before I had to be at school. We're great at planning when we work together! We ended up taking a small trip to a wonderful little place called Rosie's Diner where they make breakfast all day! I recommend trying this place if you make a trip to Victoria, BC, Canada. The UrbanSpoon website gives some reviews of the 50's style restaurant. Following brunch, to have a little extra time together, we drove to school together while listening to the new Tenacious D "Rize of the Fenix." It's not normally my style of lyrics, haha, but I like that Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters does the drumming for the album. I can appreciate it.

I sit at school now with my eyes peering out the window (rather longingly, I admit), wishing I could be in my sweetheart's arms. I know, that sounds corny but it's the truth: something happens to your body chemistry on your anniversary that makes you feel all mushy inside. It's not Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I promise. Ah man, now I have the Dawson's Creek theme song in my head. You know, "I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over."

So back to the topic of this post, if there is a topic. Point being: It's easy to enjoy your anniversary day when you make a point of enjoying it, no matter the amount of time you have available to you. Tonight we have our son's swimming lessons, so we will stand poolside and watch 'our creation' learning to swim. What better way is there to celebrate love? Well, yes- laying in the hot sand on Hawaii'an beaches sounds desirable as well...But somehow, watching the little Mr. splashing with his swim friends will be equally as delightful.

Day-to-day enjoyment is all about perspective, I think. We get to choose, in literally every second, what our outlook will be in the next moment. Even though with school, work, and a child, we don't have a lot of time together, we are choosing to enjoy the time we do have together. Sometimes it's hard; it's hard when we're both feeling stress. But, that's when it really counts to step up and choose the perspectives that will work to the benefit of our relationship.

Happy anniversary!

Ta-da! Anniversary post complete. I hope you have a very happy day filled with rainbows, sunsets, ice cream sandwiches, and pickles that dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)