Why do I link?

Monday, August 6, 2012

We Are The Ones Who Choose

Dear Readers,

I woke up this morning, bright and early, to listen to a call that I chime into every Monday morning. It's a book study of sorts, surrounding the book "University of Success" by Og Mandino. 

The call inspired me to think a lot about what a good friend of mine wisely told me the other day. She said, "just take one step forward, and then choose. Then take one step forward, and then choose." Keep repeating this process, and you'll be where you want to be.

It sounds simple, and I think it really can be simple. Although, for people who are just starting to understand that they are the ones in control of their destiny, this process can sound far-fetched and even scary!

What I understand about getting from where we are, and moving to where we want to be, is that it's all about making small choices in every moment that move us in the direction of where we want to be.

Here's an itty bitty example. I'm hungry (it's true, I am). I weigh 145 lbs. I want to weigh 135 lbs. I know where I am, and it's not in the same place I want to be. I know where I want to be, but it's not the same place as I am right now. Now here's the whole point of this blog post:

NOW I GET TO MAKE MY CHOICE! Am I going to choose a snack that will move me closer to where I want to be (135 lbs), or am I going to choose a snack that will keep me where I am (145 lbs)? Worst case scenario, I choose a snack that moves me even further behind (like a gigantic milk chocolate bar- not to tempt you), but I am not even keeping that open as an option because I would eat it, feel good for a moment, and then feel farther from where I want to be.

Will I choose bread and butter, or avacado and rice crackers? It's MY choice. This is what it's all about. We live in a free world for a reason. Let's use CHOICE to our advantage and move ourselves into places where we actually want to be, rather than living simply through habit.

I don't know who is reading my blog, but I know that you're starting to get to know me by reading what I have to say. If you think you and I would work well together, you  may want to write a comment or send an email as I am about to start looking for like-minded people to do business with :)

Thanks & have a great time CHOOSING to have a great day!

Nadine


If you like these posts, and want to know when they're up, please feel free to 'like' my facebook Page

7 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine. I've heard Og Mandino's name several times before but never took the time to look at what he has done. Thanks for sharing this.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Wayne. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please just ask, if you are interested, and I can email you the Monday morning call-in number for the book study. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nadine,
    Loved your article and always have enjoyed Og Mandino's books. Here's to making better choices throughout the day, every day.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting, Bonnie! It's really great to read feedback and especially your positivity :) Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nadine.
    Wow, nice blog. I love the idea of one step in either direction esp. where weight is concerned. It's odd how we can plan everything else in our lives (the external) to the smallest detail while continuing to eat mindlessly. We far too often set aside what's most important, our health! Go figure.I'll be following you on your healthier choices and will be making a few of my own. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kate Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post Nadine! It was a very good reminder. I can definitely relate to the chocolate bar example...
    I had never heard of Og Mandino before. Will check him out!
    Best Regards,
    Solange :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Kate. I appreciate your comment. Cheers to your wellness- physical and beyond!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments :)